Let’s Take a Stroll Down Memory Lane!
Cheers to 2015! It’s been a great year!
A year of books!
Although I didn’t get to read as many books as I planned to, I can’t complain! 2015 was the year that a long sought after dream of mine was realized, I became a published author!
But even more so than the books, stories, and characters I’ve had the privilege to share with the world, it’s the people I’ve gotten to know along the way.
Over the course of 2015, I’ve met so so many wonderful people!
The writing community is so supportive and helpful and I couldn’t ask for a better group of friends! With 2015 being my debut year, I feel honored having learned from those that blazed a trail before me. And to the friends that I’ve shared a debut year with, my beloved NAC! You are my writing home…my writing family! Without all of you, I would have been a lonely fish out of water this year! Thanks to you, I will “Just keep swimming!”
Even though this isn’t all of NAC, it’s the best I could do. One day, we will all be in the same place at the same time. The world better watch out!
And before I wrap up 2015, I want give my readers a giant THANK YOU! What is a writer if there is no one to read the stories? So, my dear readers, thank you for going on this journey with me. Thank you for choosing my stories to curl up with at night. Thank you for dedicating your precious time to spend with the characters I write. Thank you for giving me and my writing a chance! I am at a loss for words to express how grateful I am for your support! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! ❤
I’ve got a lot more stories planned for 2016, so I hope you continue on this publishing journey with me. I want to share even more stories and more characters with each and every one of you!
Love and hugs!
My year in numbers:
Books read: 39
Books written: 2 (Can’t Go Back & The Turning Point)
New Books Outlined: 2 (Secret Projects)
Books I Hope to Write in 2016: 3 (I want to say 4, but I’m being a realist. I still have a day job!)
My top 10 Reads of 2015 (in no particular order):
- Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon- I’m counting these two titles as one just because! It’s not cheating since it’s my list, right? Right. 2015 was the year I discovered Jamie Fraser, and boy, it was a good year! 🙂 Nuff said!
- Missing Pieces by Meredith Tate- I devoured this title. Tate weaves a story like no one else! With a story that spans a large amount of time, I felt like Trace and Piren were my old friends by the end of the book. This book is a gem!
- Game of Love by Ara Grigorian- I read this title in one sitting. Couldn’t put it down. Andre and Gemma are a dynamic duo of a couple and I loved them! Gregorian is a masterful storyteller and I cannot wait for more books from him!
- The Rearranged Life by Annika Sharma- A love story that blurs the lines between matters of the heart and the cultural boundaries we’re born into. Ms. Sharma tells James and Nithya’s story with sensitivity and heart. Sometimes, falling in love isn’t easy.
- The List by Kate L. Mary- After a traumatic event, Annie’s family has picked up the pieces. Or have they? With Annie’s freshman year of college, she able to spread her wings and learn to fly from under the overprotective arms of her father and brothers. Kate L. Mary writes a compelling character arc for Annie and I loved watching this endearing character grow.
- Run Away by Laura Salters- Holy twist, Batman! This book is a rollercoaster, travel adventure, murder mystery with a twist ending that I did not see coming! Throughout the whole book, I felt all the feels! Ms. Salters is so talented at drawing the reader into the story and not letting you go without taking you on a heart wrenching ride!
- Letting Go by Jessica Ruddick- A lovely, brilliantly told story of loss and finding a way to move on. Cori is a beautiful written character and loved her whole story. Luke is a patient and wonderful love interest and once again, I felt all the feels with this book!
- Delayed Penalty by Sophia Henry- Yes, this is a sports romance. No, it isn’t just about sports. It’s sooooooo much more. Auden is grieving the death of her parents and encounters a hot, cocky hockey player, Aleksander, who is also grieving the loss of his parents. Even though both characters are grieving differently, I loved how they were able to find comfort and a deep connection with each other. I can’t wait for more from Sophia Henry.
- Welcome to Forever by Annie Rains- The hero is a Marine. That’s right, a man in uniform. YES PLEASE! Micah is a loving dad, first and foremost, which makes him even more hot! I enjoyed the interactions between Kat and Micah and how Ms. Rains created such wonderful sexual tension between them. This was a fabulous debut for Annie Rains! I am a fan for life and will one-click anything that bears her name!
- Upside Down by Lia Riley- I didn’t actually read this story, but listened to the audiobook, but it still counts! The narrators of this captivating story are stupendous! I enjoyed Ms. Riley’s wit and narrative. Talia and Bran are gorgeously written characters and I loved spending my time with them. And might I add, having a sexy Australian whispering through my earbuds wasn’t so bad either!
So, there you have it, my top 10 reads of 2015! Here’s to a fabulous 2016 ahead! More amazing lives to lead…all you have to do is open a book!
Happy New Year and happy reading in 2016! ❤